Click here to access the Missouri Head Start Map for information on Head Start provider service areas.
Click here to access the contact information for Missouri Head Start program directors. 2014 Head Start Directors.xlsx
Click here for job opportunities in Missouri Head Start programs.
MO Head Start Information and Statistics:
- The total cumulative enrollment for pregnant women and children for Early Head Start and Head Start in Missouri in 2013 was 22,132.
- MO Head Start program operate 1,114 classrooms through the state.
- In our state, 64% of the children enrolled are income eligibile and nearly 25% are the receipient of some kind of public assistance.
- The average cost per child in Missouri was $7, 326 for the last program year.
- 52% of children served are Caucuasian
- 32% of children served are African American
- 7% of children served are Bi-Racial/Multi-Racial
- 9% of children served are other ethnicities
- 20,080 total number of Missouri families were served with 67% being single parent families
- 50% of Head Start families participated in parenting education
- 20% received emergency or crisis intervention through Head Start services
- 13% received housing assistance through Head Start
- 45% received health education through Head Start
- 81% of Head Start families have atleast one parent working or in school
- Over 95% of Missouri Head Start Programs had a regularly scheduled program to involved fathers/father figures with 36% of them participating in fatherhood activities.
- Of the 1,008 homeless families served last year, 44% acquired housing during the enrollment year
- 95% of classroom teachers and 43% of assistant teachers have an Early Childhood Education degree, Child Development Associate degree or state certification
- Of the 227 teachers who left the program during the year, 26% left for higher compensation in the same field.
- The average annual salary for teachers is $11.90 per hour and $8.83 per hour for an assistant teacher.