- The total cumulative enrollment for pregnant women and children for Early Head Start and Head Start in Missouri in 2013 was 22,132.
- MO Head Start program operate 1,114 classrooms through the state.
- In our state, 64% of the children enrolled are income eligibile and nearly 25% are the receipient of some kind of public assistance.
- The average cost per child in Missouri was $7, 326 for the last program year.
- 52% of children served are Caucuasian
- 32% of children served are African American
- 7% of children served are Bi-Racial/Multi-Racial
- 9% of children served are other ethnicities
- 20,080 total number of Missouri families were served with 67% being single parent families
- 50% of Head Start families participated in parenting education
- 20% received emergency or crisis intervention through Head Start services
- 13% received housing assistance through Head Start
- 45% received health education through Head Start
- 81% of Head Start families have atleast one parent working or in school
- Over 95% of Missouri Head Start Programs had a regularly scheduled program to involved fathers/father figures with 36% of them participating in fatherhood activities.
- Of the 1,008 homeless families served last year, 44% acquired housing during the enrollment year
- 95% of classroom teachers and 43% of assistant teachers have an Early Childhood Education degree, Child Development Associate degree or state certification
- Of the 227 teachers who left the program during the year, 26% left for higher compensation in the same field.
- The average annual salary for teachers is $11.90 per hour and $8.83 per hour for an assistant teacher.